Gamora Costume Built in Less Than 8 Hours

from Gamora Costume Built in Less Than 8 Hours

by Amy Ratcliffe

gamora costume


Cosplayers often finish their ensembles at the last possible minute. I know more than a couple of them who have had to take their sewing machine to a convention with them in order to wrap up. That said, they’ve usually put a few weeks or even months into their costume already. Calgary Cosplay normally goes that route and pours tons of time into researching and making her costumes but when she won tickets to see Guardians of the Galaxy, she decided to make a Gamora costume in eight hours. She called it an iron cosplay challenge.



Gave myself a timeline of 8 hours, and streamed live video of me making it for the first 6 hours. Made from proper “Iron Cosplay” materials like modified clothes I found, electrical tape, hot glue, fabric paint I had lying around, manic panic hair dye. Loads of fun. First time playing with body paint I decided I hate it and how blotchy I got it so I must figure that out in the future ^^ less emphasis on research or accuracy like my other “show-floor” costumes, just on get-er-done super duper fast super positive experience chasing.



The finished costume looks great, and she won a prize for it at the Guardians screening.


Read more at her Facebook page.


10505315_720248674678966_3291773792723043078_n



Comments