Remote Controlled Raspberry Pi Alarm Clock

from Remote Controlled Raspberry Pi Alarm Clock
by Jessie Mae

FIZQXI7IZP6T125 MEDIUM

chrisbeardy shared this project on Instructables Thanks for sending this in Chris!

I have awful trouble getting up in the morning, standard alarm clocks just can’t cut it as I simply turn it off and go back to bed. My issue is just getting out of bed, once I’m up and out the room I’m normally wide awake, I’ve tried putting the alarm in another room but then I often can’t hear it. For a while now I’ve been meaning to make my own system so I don’t rush around like a headless chicken in the mornings.

I’ve eventually got around to building it and this quick instructable should give a good overview of my process should you wish to build your own.

The concept is simple, the alarm goes off in your room for 10 seconds alerting you that you need to get up (I’m normally awake at the point the alarm goes off or easily woken making it even worse that I just stay in bed). It then goes silent for 2 minutes letting you go and get the IR remote from another room to turn off the alarm. You are now up and ready to get on with your day! If you don’t get up after the 2 minutes elapse the alarm will go off continuously until you go get the remote.

So lets get on with the making…

Learn more!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

Comments