Talk Like Boba Fett With an Raspberry Pi Zero Amplified Voice Changer #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

from Talk Like Boba Fett With an Raspberry Pi Zero Amplified Voice Changer #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi
by Zay

via RasPiHub

While researching possible upgrades for my son’s Star Wars Bounty Hunter costume I came across an excellent blog post by Dave Shevett over at Planet-Geek.com on using a Raspberry Pi to create a voice changer for a halloween costume. This looked like something I could integrate into our lovingly constructed bounty hunter helmet.

From the tutorial

As most readers know, I’ve been working on my magic staff project for the last year and a half. I incorporated into the ‘Technomancer’ costume for Halloween and Arisia last year, and it was a big hit. I’m continuing to expand the costume, and one thing I’ve always wanted was a voice changer that would let me have a nice sepulchral voice to go with the creepy visage. My own voice from behind the mask is extremely muted, so it’s hard to carry on conversations or even talk to someone, so some external hookup was needed.

What surprised me was… no one had done this. I searched all over the web for realtime voice processing setups using a Raspberry Pi or Arduino, and while some folks had come close, no one (that I found) had put all the pieces together. So, it was time to do it!

Read more


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

Comments